Breakfast Toolkit for School Improvement Plans
This toolkit contains the secret for better academic performance and attendance from your students.
The secret is simple: feed more kids school breakfast.
We’re reaching out to you in partnership with the NC Department of Public Instruction’s Educator Support Services, because innovative school breakfast service methods are a perfect fit with the school improvement plans you’re currently developing. The breakfast program is already in your schools, but it’s likely an under-utilized resource with barriers between students and eating.
Innovative methods of serving school breakfast, such as Breakfast in the Classroom, can remove those barriers and feed more kids. And when more kids eat breakfast, more kids are alert and ready to learn.
In this toolkit, you’ll find a wealth of resources related to why school breakfast is the foundation of school success, and how you can begin innovative service in your school. We hope you will use this information to make breakfast a part of the school day for your students.
Take this information to your next school improvement planning meeting, and reach out to us with any questions about how to get started. You can contact Helen Roberts, School Breakfast Program Manager for No Kid Hungry, at Helen_Roberts@unc.edu.
Thank you for all you do for the children of North Carolina.
- Breakfast Program Profiles by School District
- FAQs by Educators About School Breakfast
- Video: Principals Know: Innovative Breakfast Works
- Innovative Breakfast Delivery Options Fact Sheet
- Breakfast in the Classroom Myths
- Breakfast: The Foundation for School Success One Page
- Grant Opportunities
- Video: Nutrition in the Turnaround School
- Video: Watch Nancy Barbour, Director of NCDPI Educator Support Services, speak on the importance of nutrition