Breakfast After the Bell for Superintendents
Check out what superintendents and principals from across North Carolina have to say about the transformative power of Breakfast After the Bell.
"We know it's certainly a big part of what we have been able to do to move the mark academically in the district."
Bladen County Schools
"[Breakfast in the Classroom] helps our children focus throughout the day. We are seeing fewer behavioral disruptions, and it helps all students begin their day ready to learn."
Buncombe County Schools
"We went from a low-performing school to a 'B' school in just two years, and we attribute a lot of that to the Breakfast in the Classroom"
2017 NC Principal of the Year
Hertford Grammar School
Perquimans County Schools
"If you would just embrace the idea of doing something different for breakfast, I think it would benefit kids. And, who can argue with that?"
Oak Grove Elementary School
Durham Public Schools
- Read about breakfast as the foundation for school success.
- Learn more about Breakfast After the Bell models.
- Look at your school-level meal data to get a picture of breakfast participation in your district. Get it from your district nutrition director, or contact us for a copy, which we get from the NC Department of Public Instruction.
- Talk to your nutrition director about what can be done to increase participation in your district.
- Help your nutrition director get in the room with principals to find willing principals who can move schools forward for kids.