2019 SummerPalooza! Planning Summits
Here are some helpful links to have on hand during and after this year's SummerPalooza! events.
- Intro to Summer Nutrition
- Greenville SummerPalooza! Slides
- Greensboro SummerPalooza! Slides
- Asheville SummerPalooza! Slides
NC Department of Public Instruction: School Nutrition Services
- Interested in becoming a sponsor for summer 2020? Complete the SFSP Pre-Screen Tool, and a Summer Nutrition Consultant will contact you!
- NCDPI School Nutrition Services Website
- Summer Food Service Program (SFSP)
- Seamless Summer Option (SSO)
- Download the information sheet on No Kid Hungry NC's At-Risk Afterschool Meals Grant: Due Wednesday, November 20
- The Summer Meals grant will be available in March 2020. You can preview the information sheet here, although the grant portal is not yet open.
- See more grant opportunities
- Click here to view county profiles of summer meals participation from 2019, including state rankings.
Activities and Enrichments
Year-Round Meals for Kids
- See how USDA child nutrition programs can feed kids year-round.
- Program Comparison: At-Risk Afterschool Meals and Summer Food Service Program.
Ray, the official NC Summer Nutrition Program Mascot
NC Child Hunger Hero Awards
- We want to show some love at our annual NC Child Hunger Leaders Conference to the everyday heroes who make healthy meals possible for kids. Click here to nominate your hero by Wednesday, November 20.
- Share what inspires you today on social media with the hashtag #SummerMeals4NCKids
- Follow Ray, the NC Summer Nutrition Program mascot: @Ray4NCKids
- Follow NCDPI School Meals: @ncschoolmeals
- Follow No Kid Hungry NC: @NoKidHungryNC
- Greeting: Lynn Harvey, Director of School Nutrition, NCDPI
- Afterschool Meals: Courtney Jones, Director of Special Nutrition Programs, NCDHHS