Skip to content
Fast Facts about Summer Meals
- Free summer meals for children and teens ages 18 and younger are available at more than 2,500 locations in North Carolina.
- The process to locate free summer meals for kids is only accessible in June, July, and August when school is out.
- Food served at summer meal sites follows USDA nutrition guidelines and are paid for by the USDA.
- Summer meal sites are safe places for kids and teens to go, such as schools, churches, and community centers.
- Many sites offer educational and recreational activities that kids of all ages can participate in so they can eat, hang out with friends, and take part in activities offered.
- Parents don’t need to apply to the program to get a free summer meal for their kids.