Skip to content
Here are 10 ways you can help feed kids in North Carolina. Get started today!
- Donate here or host a fundraising event to support the work of No Kid Hungry NC. Or support another hunger relief organization.
- Take the pledge—add your voice to the effort to end childhood hunger at NoKidHungry.org
- Volunteer at a summer meals site providing free nutrition for kids. Find out how to locate site by zip code.
- Organize a summer feeding site for federally-funded meals. Learn how.
- Transport meals as a volunteer for a feeding site or other local hunger organization.
- Inform educators, your school principal and school board about the need for summer meals and serving school breakfast to more kids.
- Advocate at nearby schools for innovative breakfast service models (like Breakfast in the Classroom or Grab and Go meals) that are proven to increase participation in school breakfast.
- Donate canned goods to a local food pantry.
- Volunteer at a food pantry or food bank.
- Spread the word—tell others about free summer meals for children and the need for increasing participation in school breakfast. During June through August, families can send a text (text FOODNC to 877-877) to locate nearby sites that serve free meals to kids ages 18 and younger. Tell others about this meal locator service!