Find Food Assistance
Important websites to help locate food assistance in your community:
- Find Summer Meals in Your Community (USDA Summer Food Service Program)
- This website can help you find USDA Summer Meal sites near you. To get started, click on the Search Summer Meals link below. Then type in an address, city, or zip code, and the tool will display the Summer Meal sites nearest that address, city, or zip code. Click on Apply to see a list of sites, when they are open, the types of meals they serve, and contact information.
- USDA National Hunger Clearinghouse
- The National Hunger Clearinghouse is an online database available to the public. Use the database to locate food near you. Food assistance organizations can also use this link to find out how to be included in National Hunger Clearinghouse database.
- USDA National Hunger Hotline
- The National Hunger Hotline is a resource for individuals and families seeking information on how to obtain food or for people who need assistance accessing the online database. During summer months, the hotline provides information about meal sites where children 18 years old and under can get free, nutritious meals. The National Hunger Hotline staff also connects callers with emergency food providers in their community, government assistance, nutritional assistance programs, and various services that promote self-sufficiency. The hotline can be reached at 1-866-3-HUNGRY or 1-877-8-HAMBRE (for Spanish) from Monday through Friday (8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET).
- Find Food Help
- Use the Find Food Help search to locate organizations that are published in the USDA National Hunger Clearinghouse (NHC) database. The link above takes you to a page where you can search for the location of food assistance organizations based on City, State or Zip. The above link will also provide information about the services offered by these organizations.