Find a Free Summer Meals Site Near You
AVAILABLE JUNE THROUGH AUGUST
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) offers free summer meals to kids across North Carolina. The program is similar to the School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs, except meals are free to all kids that come to a registered summer meals site.
Here are four ways to find a nearby free summer meals site in North Carolina for children:
- Text "FoodNC" to 877-877
- Text "Summer Meals" to 97779
- Call toll-free 1.866.3Hungry (1.866.348.6479) or 1.877.8Hambre (1.877.842.6273)
- Visit the USDA's Summer Meal Site Finder at fns.usda.gov/SummerFoodRocks
- FREE: Meals are free to children and teens ages 18 and younger who come to a summer meals site.
- SAVE MONEY: Free summer meals will help families save money and stretch their already tight food budgets.
- NUTRITIOUS: Food served at summer meal sites follows USDA nutrition guidelines and are paid for by the USDA.
- SAFE: Summer meal sites are safe places for kids and teens to go, such as schools, churches, and community centers.
- FUN: Many sites offer educational and recreational activities that kids of all ages can participate in so they can eat, hang out with friends and take part in activities offered.
- NO ID, NO REGISTRATION: Parents don’t need to apply to the program to get a free summer meal for their kids. Children simply need to come to a summer meals site in their community, and enjoy a healthy meal without the hassle of having to fill out an application or enroll in a program. No ID or registration needed.