“USE YOUR VOICE: Stories and Strategies to Feed More Kids”
The eighth annual NC Child Hunger Leaders Conference will feature stories from people in the field working to find innovative ways to feed more kids. Hear from educators, nutrition professionals, elected and appointed officials, community leaders, supporters, volunteers, and people like you who are endeavoring daily to feed kids.
There are almost one million kids in our state who need the nutritious food they get at school during breakfast and lunch, and after school and in the summer months. If you are currently engaged in the work of feeding kids, or want to be, this conference is for you.
When: Wednesday, February 13, 2019, 8 am – 4 pm
Where: UNC Friday Center for Continuing Education in Chapel Hill
100 Friday Center Dr
Chapel Hill, NC 27517
Fees: $40 (Registration fee includes all conference sessions and materials, continental breakfast, lunch, snacks, and parking.)
Register: Click here!
- Mandy Cohen, MD, Secretary of the NC Department of Health and Human Services
- Kristin Cooper, First Lady of North Carolina, Office of the Governor
- Steve Schewel, Mayor of Durham
- Tabari Wallace, 2018 NC Principal of the Year, Craven County Schools
- Freebird McKinney, 2018 NC Teacher of the Year, Alamance-Burlington Schools
- Julie Paige Pittman, 2018 Western NC Regional Teacher of the Year, Rutherford County Schools
- Lynn Harvey, Chief of School Nutrition Services, NC Department of Public Instruction
- Kelsee Gomes, Director of Sports Nutrition, UNC-Chapel Hill
- Gerald Owens, News Anchor, WRAL-TV
- Ray, Official Mascot of the NC Summer Nutrition Program for Kids
- School Nutrition Administrators from across the state
- And more!
Who should attend?
Anyone interested in child hunger is invited. Attendees in previous years have included: educators; school nutrition professionals; child advocates; nonprofit, faith-based, and community leaders; state, federal and local elected and appointed officials; healthcare professionals; academicians; business leaders; students; volunteers; and, many others.
Conference sponsors include: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina; City of Durham CHAMPS Grant Team; Food Bank of Central & Eastern NC; The Dairy Alliance; NC Department of Public Instruction; UNC Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention; and, North Carolina Institute for Public Health. Conference partners include Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest NC.
About No Kid Hungry NC
No Kid Hungry North Carolina is a partnership launched in 2011 with the national nonprofit Share Our Strength and state leaders to connect children with federal nutrition programs. In 2014, No Kid Hungry NC became an initiative of the UNC Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention. Learn more at NoKidHungryNC.org