NC Child Hunger Leaders Conference
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2018 IN CHAPEL HILL, NC
When: Thursday, February 15, 2017, 8 am - 4 pm
Where: UNC Friday Center for Continuing Education,
100 Friday Center Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27599
Parking: Available for attendees at the Friday Center
Fees: $40 (includes meals, materials, and parking)
Registration: CLICK HERE to visit the registration page
Please join us for the 2018 NC Child Hunger Leaders Conference in Chapel Hill, hosted by No Kid Hungry NC.
The conference is a time for collaborating, rewarding successes, and exploring how to create a brighter future for North Carolina's children. It brings together a diverse group of state, community, and nonprofit leaders, educators, nutritionists, advocates, students, and others to share resources and solve common challenges.
Come ready for a day of motivation, important conversation, and connecting with others who are passionate about ending child hunger in North Carolina.
Featured speakers include:
- The Honorable Josh Stein - Attorney General of North Carolina
- Lynn Harvey - President of the School Nutrition Association, and Chief of School Nutrition Services at NC Department of Public Instruction
- Jason Griffin - 2017 North Carolina Principal of the Year
- Caroline Farmer - Executive Director, Volunteerism and Community Service, NC Governor's Office
- Jessica Holmes - Chairwoman, Wake County Commissioners
- Nancy Barbour - Director of Educator Support Services at NC Department of Public Instruction
- Gerald Owens - WRAL-TV News Anchor / Friend of No Kid Hungry NC
- Carolina Bluegrass Band
- New presenting partners the Food Bank of Central & Eastern NC and the Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest NC
- Inspiring stories and snapshots of success from across North Carolina
- And YOU, with our new Share Your Spark opportunity
Once you're registered, don't forget to sign up to Share Your Spark, a new addition to the NC Child Hunger Leaders Conference that provides individuals and organizations the opportunity to introduce conference attendees to their innovative strategies for addressing child hunger through a brief presentation.